At Bi-Rite Market, we create community through food. If you’ve ever weaved through the aisles of Bi-Rite Market, you’ve witnessed our food philosophy in action. Our produce display is filled with fruits and vegetables that come direct from the farmer, representing varietals and items not typically found in a “supermarket.” We even sell produce we grow on our own farm. In our kitchen, our talented chefs - many of whom have worked at San Francisco’s top restaurants – take their lead from the seasons when they create our globally-inspired menus. Our butchers look for meat and fish raised or caught in a sustainable manner and utilize every part of the whole animals they break down through our house-made charcuterie program. The wine department has distinguished itself with its unique and dynamic wine assortment and its close relationships with winemakers and guests. We hand-select each item that goes onto our grocery shelves. You’ll find a tasty selection of breads, coffees, chocolates, jams, olive oils, teas, etc. More importantly, we want to share our passion for food with our guests. We pride ourselves on genuine, heartfelt service you can’t get at chain stores. Our knowledgeable staff is always eager to provide help, advice, and even samples to our guests. We make it easy for you to know where your food comes from and how it was grown or raised, ensuring that you feel confident about the purchases you make.
What We Look For
At Bi-Rite we look for folks with:
- A passion for food and learning about food.
- A love of cooking
- Natural and exceptional customer service skills. Providing great customer service is wired into their DNA.
- High energy, gregariousness, and a friendly personality.
A love for engaging with a constant stream of guests, especially on the weekends.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Resourcefulness, adaptability, the ability to think quickly
- Experience working in a high volume environment. Able to handle large crowds for extended periods of time while remaining energized, fast and accurate.
- A Flexible schedule. The ability to work weekends and evenings (unless otherwise stated in the job ad).
A medical and dental plan after 90 days
A meal with your shift
20% discount on purchases throughout the store
A 401K retirement plan after one year of employment including an employer match
An exciting environment with a fun group of people