- Our Home on Piedmont Avenue
- Our famous Crab Sandwich
- Our Signature Sundae - The Black & Tan
- Myrtle's Creation - A changing Sundae that Benefits a Local Non-Profit each month
- The main dining room at night
- Serving up food from the Grill
- Topping with Whipped Cream
- Dad and Baby Girl at Fentons
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Hand-crafted ice cream
- Making Milkshakes
Always Recruiting For
Known for generous portions, this historic Bay Area treasure is a retro soda fountain that showcases daily ice cream production and fountain sundae making. Founded in 1894, Fentons Creamery is a landmark institution that has served generations its famous handcrafted ice creams and sauces. The fresh crab salad sandwich is the house specialty, best when accompanied by a thick shake!
What is Fentons about?
Fentons is about COMMUNITY - We pride ourselves on being a unique part of the community. At Fentons, our customers and our staff reflect the diversity and personality of the Bay Area. We are actively involved in the community within our walls and also reach out to the community around us by participating in many local events and fundraisers. As a Fentons Employee you are expected to embrace fundraising events that take place at Fentons Creamery and to occasionally donate a few hours of time and energy in support of community events and benefits that take place offsite.
Fentons is about ICE CREAM - Our ice cream is known all over the world, literally. We are known for consistently delivering a delicious ice cream product that wins many awards! Our signature flavors, developed by Fentons, are Toasted Almond, Swiss Milk Chocolate and Rocky Road (even though Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream also takes credit for this product) and recently CCAC and Coffee Cookie Dream among others.
Fentons is about FUN - What’s more fun than ice cream? Relaxing and eating ice cream in a fun, nostalgic atmosphere!
Fentons is about PRIDE - We have a long tradition and an enviable reputation. An intricate part of the continued success of Fentons Creamery is an ongoing understanding and appreciation for the tradition that we uphold and the significance of our place in History. We are one of the last of the great independents, we are not a cookie-cutter chain, we are the real McCoy and this is a fact that everyone involved in Fentons, staff and patrons alike, should feel proud about!
FENTONS GOLDEN RULE: “SERVE OTHERS AS YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE SERVED.”
What We Look For
What Fentons Expects of You
As an active member of our community, we ask each staff member to exhibit certain characteristics, like:
• Pride in your job! Ownership and responsibility for your individual performance
• Respect – Respect for yourself, your co-workers, our customers, our neighbors and our community.
• Appreciation and knowledge of the history of Fentons Creamery as well as the quality ice cream that we produce
• Communication – Tell us what is going on with you!
• Punctuality – Everyone depends on it. Show up on time and ready for the challenge of a busy shift!
• A willing contributor and active member of the Fentons “family”
We offer above Market Compensation. We offer Comprehensive Medical and Dental Benefits after 3-months of full-time employment. We offer Paid vacation.