Sorry, but this job is no longer available.
Notice: This job opening is no longer available.
Bi-Rite is seeking a Prep Cook/Delivery Driver to join our team. Details about this job can be found below.
Bi-Rite is a learning community, with endless opportunity for on-the-job training and education about food and service. Our unique staff culture and generous benefits package sets us apart from other food businesses. We offer a 20% discount on purchases throughout the store, a medical and dental plan after 90 days, a meal with your shift, a 401K retirement plan after one year of employment, access to 18 Reasons classes and the opportunity for career advancement. We invite you to become part of our family!
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER ALONG WITH YOUR RESUME WHEN APPLYING.
PLEASE BRING A COPY OF A CURRENT DMV DRIVING RECORD TO YOUR INTERVIEW
The Prep Cook maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, deli, kitchen equipment, storage and garbage areas. They will complete cooking prep as assigned by the lead cook, shift supervisor, or chef, and completes other cleaning projects as assigned.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follow proper food storage practices; label, date, and wrap all items as directed by managers and supervisors.
• Assist cooks in maintaining pre packed foods case throughout day by serving as a runner to back storage areas.
• Complete all daily prep work as indicated on the production list (i.e. peel onions, potatoes, squeeze lemons). Communicate with chef to organize, set goals and priorities for the day.
• Organize and put away kitchen deliveries (produce, grains, supplies etc.).
• Set-up and/or breakdown personal workstation daily including: knives, cutting boards, mise en place, equipment, linens (apron, shirt, towels), etc.
• Follow assigned cleaning schedule
• Properly maintain store facilities as instructed by the chef and owner.
• Follow all opening, closing and shift duty lists as posted in the department.
* Prepare truck for operation by assisting in and overseeing the loading of trucks, securing of items and verifying the accuracy of shipping papers
• Inspect truck tires, lights, brakes, fluids, etc. to ensure safe and cost-effective performance with preventive maintenance in mind, fills out weekly check list to insure safety of vehicle, notifies manager of any problems or accidents immediately
• Deliver orders via the most effective route to ensure complete orders are delivered according to established time frames and customers’ needs
• Maintain communication with company during deliveries to ensure any updated instructions are received
• Document delivery, accuracy and receipt of orders by the customer according to company directives and report any discrepancies to company
• Increase customer satisfaction by collecting information, feedback on service and resolving complaints per company policy; communicate information back to manager
• Maintain a safe driving record free of violations
• Valid CA driver’s license and clean driving record