Sorry, but this job is no longer available.
About American Honors:
American Honors (AH) is a new breed of education tech start-up that partners with leading community colleges to fund and scale community college honors programs. Facing a national crisis of rising education costs, more students are selecting community college as a value-based alternative to earning a four-year degree. Meanwhile, community colleges are challenged to meet the needs of many talented students amidst explosive enrollment growth and budget constraints.
American Honors supplies community college partners with an innovative solution to support their high-achieving students. We provide the funding, recruiting, curriculum development, learning platform, student services, and transfer advising to help students thrive in community college and successfully transfer to four-year universities.
Title & Scope: Field Organizer – 2-month assignment with American Honors' pilot partner in Spokane, Washington, with possibility for an extended contract. Field team distributes time between Community College of Spokane campuses & various community spaces for presentations and meetings (schools, churches, coffee shops). Each Field Organizer will be designated a targeted group of students and reports to the Director of Operations.
Note: travel and housing stipends are available -- applications are encouraged regardless of current location.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
• Previous field experience with issue-oriented, political or marketing campaigns
• Enjoys working with people, particularly youth/families of various backgrounds
• Confident & persuasive public speaker
• Time management & organizational skills
• Must be willing to work flexible, campaign hours
• Enthusiastic & motivated: Interest and/or background in higher education access a plus
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Office Suite (Salesforce experience a plus)
• Act as the local face of American Honors -- often first point of contact for potential applicants
- Deliver "field pitch"
- Follow up with student candidates with visits, 1-to-1 meetings
• Organize and host informational events
- Maintain schedule for community events
- Manage logistics & content of meetings
• Establish strong local connections with community leaders, high school admin., families
• Phone banking
• Staff "office hours" in campus workspace
• Collect data & enter data in Salesforce and/or Excel nightly
What you'll get from us:
• A chance to join a well-funded start-up that's mission driven - we are building the first “students first” higher education organization
• The opportunity to shape a young company and work across a variety of initiatives
• A great management team with decades of experience in leading education and tech companies
• A young (in age and at heart) environment where every day is casual Friday
• A fast-paced work environment
• Competitive wages
Details: Expected 50 hours per week at $750 weekly stipend
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, email your resume (required) and cover letter (optional) with "Field Organizer Application" in the subject line.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
American Honors is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. American Honors' equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.