Restaurant GM, AGM, Manager - The Grove Restaurants - San Francisco
The Grove Family of Restaurants is Growing
with a New San Francisco location opening SPRING/SUMMER 2017
THIS IS HOW IT FEELS:
The restaurant is busy and buzzing and vibrant.
You have touched every table, sharing genuine interactions with our guests. They are savoring the City’s best turkey club sandwich or a big piece of organic cherry pie only we get, Listening to Ella Fitzgerald or maybe an unreleased Ramones song. Sitting on a 1930’s sofa from the Waldorf Astoria or under trees from the Grand Canyon or looking at a Moroccan fountain. Or maybe at the buzzing sidewalk cafe people-watching the parade of San Francisco humanity - that’s The Grove. It’s local, real, zero pretense, totally authentic, and personal.
And because of your skills in hospitality and expertly directing our crew with enthusiasm and teamwork, it is the best part of that guest's day. And our crew members’. And yours.
WE ARE THE GROVE ... AND THERE'S NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT:
One hundred and sixty talented crew members and managers that thrive on engaging the people around us - both guests and each other - with our enthusiasm and sincerity and respect and caring.
Independently owned and operated by San Franciscans.
Three treasured neighborhood gathering places anchoring Hayes Valley (maps), Pacific Heights (maps), and Soma/downtown (maps), with a fourth opening in 2017 in the Design District. Established 1999 ... we are here for the long run.
Straightforward, delicious American comfort food, with the fresh and healthy sensibilities and ingredients of Northern California.
Cool, comfortable surroundings: timeless, stylish, vintage, custom, and Americana. Old world charm meets hip sensibilities. SF meets Europe, with a little NYC grit thrown in. And thriving sidewalk cafes.
Great music (10,000 songs from our personal library)
Open early 'til late, every day (flexible shifts)
"San Francisco's Living Room”
Check us out at www.TheGroveSF.com to get a better idea of what we are about, or better yet come in to one of our restaurants and see for yourself
Proven experience in all of the below …
- Thriving in a $3-6 million/year sales restaurant environment as a Manager or GM. Especially if a fast casual or a full service casual dining restaurant group
- Truly enjoying making a warm, personal connection our crew and of course with all guests (in line, at the table, at the entry door … anywhere that’s part of the restaurant). And of course ensuring that every member of your team does the same
- Loving food. And having great relations with, and comfort in, the back of the house
- Effectively coaching, directing and overseeing crew training using the right tools. (We do not need a higher paid, well-dressed busser/runner/expo, we need a leader)
- Executing the weekly planning and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, cogs, labor, crew retention, guest service standards, food quality, recipe compliance, sanitation, cleanliness and store organization
- Being able to move constantly throughout the facility for long periods of time.
Here are just a few of the exciting benefits available when working with The Grove:
We notice and reward great performance, including:
- $$$ To You - Management bonus program for reaching defined goals paid every quarter with no cap!
- Get Outta Here - Generous Vacation, and Sick Time off
- Stay Healthy - Subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits (even insurance for your pet!)
- Eat Like Royalty - Fantastic meals, allowing everyone to order off the menu and eat the same fantastic food our guests enjoy, on shift and to take out
- Hit The Gym - with free membership
- Pay less for Muni and BART – Transportation Reimbursement Program
Please send cover letter and resume, attention HR or apply online by going to
Must currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area. Only qualified candidates will be considered.
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”