Mar 10, 2017 - Financial District
NewTree is an innovative, vibrant and sustainable café that crafts delicious, local, healthful, organic and fair-trade products. Our staff is dedicated to offering products that preserve the planet while helping people to enjoy life.
Roles and Responsibilities
Newtree is seeking an ambitious, energetic and detail-oriented Chef to lead the kitchen team, invent creative, healthy and delicious recipes and deliver the highest quality of products in an exciting environment. He/she is will have the full oversight of the kitchen operations. He/she will share a passion for food.
The essential job functions or duties of this position are as follows:
- Full responsibilities to deliver food of the highest quality, on time, to the stores and catering orders for breakfasts, lunches, pastries, etc.
- People staff and team management: to hire, train, schedule, support, review, discipline and terminate employees in the kitchen team, to maintain highest possible levels of employee morale and kitchen productivity.
- Food supplies: responsible for managing the ordering of all food products. To maintain an adequate supply of all provisions in the kitchen and minimize waste.
- New menu creation: bring cutting-edge new recipes.
- Kitchen process: procedures, rules & systems elaboration, quality control & implementation.
- Catering: preparation, delivering organization & follow-up.
- Culinary Arts degree,Bachelor’s degree with special courses or certification in culinary schooling
- Food Manager Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years of similar experience with demonstrable knowledge of culinary operations and quality food preparation
- Experience in kitchen management and developping adequate processes
- Familiar with Department of Health regulations and relevant laws governing food preparation
- Computer literate, good working knowledge of Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain high quality standards day after day
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills
Nice to have:
- Creative problem-solver
- Familiarity with gluten-free, vegetarian, vegan diets
- A soft spot for chocolate
Please send your CV to Arnaud and tell us why you would be a great addition to our team. Hope to meet you soon!
Full-time / Monday to Friday / Early morning shift
Downtown San Francisco / Financial District
Other jobs you may like
Hornblower Cruises and Events - San Francisco, CA
Sous Chef for a Master Chef of France
Left Bank Brasserie - Larkspur - Larkspur, CA
1 week ago
Sous Chef-Tiburon Tavern
The Lodge at Tiburon - Belvedere Tiburon, CA
Destination Hotels & Resorts - San Francisco, CA
4 days ago
Mourad - San Francisco, CA
3 weeks ago
Apply to jobs on the go with Proven mobile