Tastes on the Fly's Poplar Creek Commissary is looking for a organized and creative Kitchen Manager with production experience.
We are an expanding company with various concepts in several airports nationally and have received numerous accolades for our commitment to providing quality food and impeccable service inside airports. We believe “airport dining” should not be an exception to “excellent dining”.
Interested? Tastes on the Fly San Francisco is seeking a talented and motivated candidate to join the team as a Kitchen Manager. Join a fun team in a great Company!!
POSITION TITLE: Kitchen Manager
REPORTS TO: GM
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all BOH operations and in house food production. This includes BOH staff recruitment and management - ensuring all personnel are trained on and perform duties using proper safety and sanitation guidelines. KM’s are responsible for product purchasing, invoice processing and monthly BOH inventory. Additionally it is their role to ensure proper pars, consistent product preparation, excellent product presentation and upholding the overall product standards of the Company and related partners. The KM in also responsible for ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and equipment serviced and maintained as necessary. Lastly, KM’s are accountable for BOH financial performance including BOH labor, prepared food costs, waste tracking and adequate product and supply purchasing.
These are essential functions and the percentages are estimates only, please note that at ALL times the KM is in a leadership and supervisory role while on duty and must be accountable for and aware of all BOH operations and employees.
25% - Training new employees and coaching / directing current staff including sous chefs and monitoring performance
20% - Working various stations
15% - Administrative duties including manager log entries, invoice coding, costing, scheduling and staff. Documentation, employee or guest incident follow up and management
10% - Product Preparation
15% - Product management, inventory, ordering, receiving
10% - Cleaning, stocking, organizing
10% - Conduct regular food safety and sanitation inspections and Workplace Safety Inspections
5% - Coordination of repair and maintenance
Maintain regular and prompt attendance in conformation with company standards and policies.
Maintain a professional demeanor with superiors, subordinates, peers, vendors and guests at all times. Maintain a professional and hygienic appearance at all times. Lead by example setting a high standard for yourself and others. Consistently seek to create a healthy, positive and efficient work environment.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with the Company’s rules and regulations for the lawful, safe and efficient operation of its business, including but not limited to adherence to the employee handbook, CBA, IIPP and Food Safety practices. Employees who violate these rules and regulations may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
Individual must posses the following knowledge, skills and abilities and must be able to demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the position.
- A GREAT ATTITUDE
- Excellent interpersonal skills with subordinates and superiors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment is required.
- Ability to effectively problem solve is required.
- Ability to ensure perform proper food prep and presentation, no short cuts
- Dependability and follow through.
- Knowledge of food and beverage operations and equipment is required.
- Flexible schedule,
- Dependable transportation
- Certain physical requirements including standing for long periods, tolerance of extreme temperatures, ability to lift / push / pull 50 lbs, ability to properly and safely use all kitchen tools and equipment
- Food safety certification (Training provided)
- Harassment Training Certification (Training Provided)
- Basic computer knowledge including, email, internet, Word and Excel
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic Math Skills
- Ability to understand and properly execute receipes
- Ability to perform basic cleaning and sanitation practices
- Ability to handle a knife and other sharp objects with extreme caution and skill
- Ability to handle food safely
- Ability to convert measurements
- Ability to work as a team player and communicate with co-workers effectively
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform any combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function solely at the discretion of the department manager, which may be based upon the requirements of that day.
- Deep cleaning duties
- Trash Removal
- Minor off site catering
- Regular meeting attendance
- Any and all other duties asked of you related to the operation of the restaurant
- 2+ years as sous chef or Kitchen Manager in a similar operation with demonstrated leadership and aptitude
- Successfully pass an extensive criminal background check conducted by the FBI and SFO SIDA training.
- Successfully pass computerized employment testing and in-person interview