Sorry, but this job is no longer available.
Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation is an early stage biotechnology company commercializing a patent pending technology to measure vital properties of the human immune system. This is a platform technology with the potential to revolutionize the diagnosis and treatment of major diseases such as Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, and childhood Diabetes.
The company’s proprietary method for sequencing genes relating to the adaptive immune system generates large volumes of data, and Adaptive is looking for a data analyst to work with research scientists in the manipulation and analysis of these large data sets. The data analyst would play a critical role in ensuring the ongoing success of experiments and projects belonging to internal and external customers.
• Process and analyze specialized high-volume datasets.
• Perform complex data analysis in support of ad-hoc and standing customer requests.
• In collaboration with research scientists, develop/acquire scripts and tools to analyze and display data.
• Interface with research scientists to provide necessary reports and data, implement appropriate statistical tests, and contribute to publications.
• Use and support command-line and web-based database applications and analytical tools: evaluate data quality, applications, and function.
• Become familiar with large genomics community software development and statistical analysis projects and implementation of latest analysis algorithms.
• Establish good working relationships with internal and external customers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Graduate education (Ph.D. preferred) in computer science, bioinformatics, or related field, with coursework in molecular biology.
• Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including analyzing file structure, and using and creating layouts of large and complex files.
• Demonstrated ability to manage, manipulate, and interpret large biological data sets, transforming raw data into finished products.
• Working knowledge of data analysis and statistical methods used in genomics and bioinformatics.
• Excellent cross-platform computing skills, including experience using Linux/Unix Operating Systems, Macintosh OS X and Windows operating systems.
• Experience in Perl and Java programming as well as statistical languages such as R, SAS, or Matlab.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel or other spread sheet applications.
• Proven critical thinking skills and the ability to consider outcomes when designing analyses.
• The ability to be self-motivated and work independently, with minimal supervision, while also working as part of a team environment in a dynamic organization.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and spoken, with a confident and cooperative service-oriented attitude.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English required.
HIGHLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL POSSESS
• Basic knowledge of relational database structure and terminology.
• Laboratory research experience in genetics, molecular biology, immunology or biochemistry.
• Demonstrated experience in DNA or RNA sequence analysis and presentation of results.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, vacations and holidays. Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a bright, career-minded individual we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and cover letter.