The Local Butcher Shop is looking for a skilled, passionate, organized individual who wants to be a full-time "Sando" Maker. This position entails cooking and assembling our Sando of the Day (all prep, cooking, assembly, special projects) five days a week. All of the meats used on our Sandos come from local farms who raise their meat responsibly and sustainably. A majority of the produce comes from the farmer's market and the Sandos are created with seasonality in mind. We make our own pickles and condiments and roast our own meats that are butchered in house. This is a great learning opportunity for a motivated person.
We are looking for applicants who:
- have a minimum of 1 year working in a restaurant or commercial kitchen
- have a passion for local, sustainably raised meat and produce
- can work Wednesday through Sunday; 8:00am – 4:30pm
- have a professional attitude
- have a team player mentality
- have knowledge of safe handling and storage of food products
- are able to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- have a food handler's certification
Please check out our website before applying: www.thelocalbutchershop.com. Even better, please come in to get a sense of the shop and what we do.
To apply, please include a few sentences about yourself and why you would like to work at The Local Butcher Shop.